I sit
quietly
I hear music
It grows louder and I begin to look for the source
When I cant find it I sit quietly and listen, where it is coming from
I let the music carry my thoughts
it is soothing
it carries emotion
I hear it clearly
There is music
the rhythmic tempo, the bass, the melody
Listen
I start to feel that it is trying to tell me something
there is a message
Listen
Heartsong
it does exist
faint for some and huge marching band for others
Where does yours rank
it ebbs and flows from day to day
going from whispered, hushed tones to a cacophony of voices
Can you hear it
Be still and listen
it is there
close your eyes
Can you hear it
you have to be quiet
Relax
Calm
What makes the heart sing
so much of life and the world is in turmoil
stressed and pushed to physical and mental limits
pain, conflict
Why now
what has changed that I can hear my heartsong
Be logical and analyze
the music fades
Relax
Calm
It returns
The mind is free
the heart is happy
relieved
there is something there
beating with the music
setting the tempo
time creeps and the tempo remains
absence and the tempo remains
The mind follows the heart
attempting to make sense of it all
confused and asking why
The music fades
Relax
Calm
It returns
Showing possibilities
revealing
lighting up the dark
The mind recoils
thoughts brought into the light
showing the pain that has been inflicted
the heart calms
the mind relaxes
the music is beautiful
I sit
listening
quietly
No comments:
Post a Comment