I have completed my second triathlon with mixed feelings. The Wrightsville YMCA triathlon was a sprint distance race with a 1500 meter (.9 mile swim), 20k(12 miles) bike ride and a 5k (3 mile) run. Keep in mind that this event is on of the largest that Setup Events produces. It typically draws over a thousand athletes. This year 1019 athletes (615 men and 404 women) participated.
I did better than I expected on the swim and on the run and not so on the bike. Working where I do, I should have had a much better bike time for that distance. I finished the event in 457th place of the 615 men that participated. I was 404th out of the water with a swim time of 26:53 minutes, finished the bike course in 32:55 and was the 83rd off the bike then with a time of 35:46 on the run which was 576th fastest. I really need to work on the run!
The experience was better than my first race. The most important thing was that I had fun and got a really good workout before heading into work that morning.
The bike leg was interesting. I started in the 14th wave and that let the course fill-up with age groupers. I was a bit keyed up at the start of the bike and it about the start of the second mile that I was able to calm myself and get into a rhythm. I found my groove and felt really good.
I will continue on my trek to an Ironman.
No comments:
Post a Comment